Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Let's Give Them Something to Blog About...

I didn't make any soap today. The day's not over, but I think sleep may win out tonight.

*BUT* I had a great soap day! Let me tell you why. The other day I read this post on Anne-Marie's (of Brambleberry) Soap-Queen Blog. There are some super cute soap molds with knitting yarn on them. I immediately thought of my friends at Island Wools here in Friday Harbor.

I love Island Wools. When we moved here it was cold! Last winter with the help of Theresa on YouTube (tjw1963) and Island Wools, I taught myself how to crochet. Friday Harbor can feel pretty small when you have a new baby so I always looked forward to going in to Island Wools and figuring out what was next. (My favorite yarn is Puffin by the way.) Check them out when you're in Friday Harbor. They're right on the main drag (Spring Street.)

At any rate... I showed Rusti the molds and she loves them. Hopefully, I will have some pictures of knitters soap bars to show you soon. We shall see! So that was fun.

Now a confession. I peeked. I shouldn't have. But I did. This a lavender bar I made last night. There's freezer paper on the top of the mold there, but through it, you can see that the swirls looks good!

I peeled the paper back, just a little and then put it back. I really shouldn't look at it for another two days. Nighty, night! - H

No comments:

Post a Comment