Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Knitting yarn soap

I tried a new glycerin soap yesterday. I love the mold (I got it from Bramble Berry) the bars are a lot bigger than I thought. Which is a good thing considering the detail on it.

Not the greatest picture, but I was in low light and I haven't had the opportunity to take more yet.



I scented it with Buttercream and Snickerdoodle, just because I thought is was fun. They smell yummy.

I almost forgot to update you on my cool treat from the Farmer's Market in Friday Harbor!




This is called "Bone Garden - Summer" I love it. Some people view this as "gothy" but I don't. It's more themed around Day of the Dead art than anything I suppose, but I'm not the artist so who am I to say. Anyway, I love it. It's one in a set of four. There is one for every season, and this one is the summer print. When fall hits I am going to get the fall print and so on until I have all four. (Collect them all!!!) Har. The artist is Rosa Blair who is here in Friday Harbor.

- H

3 comments:

  1. Love the Bone Garden - I was looking for gifts for the Day of the Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Let me know if you want her info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad folks like my Bone Garden art! If anyone is interested in seeing/purchasing prints, they are welcome to contact me. rosablair@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete