Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hello beautiful, and goodbye sweet babies.

I am attempting to make my version of cupcake soaps this weekend. So far so good.


This is the bottom. It's a really yummy, rustic soap filled with honey, oats and cinnamon. I did add scent to it for the whole "cupcake effect." The scent? CARROT CAAAAAKE! It gets better... I've got Cream Cheese Frosting scent that will go on top. Well... the scent won't go on top, but the soap that I pipe onto the cupcakes to frost them will be. Oh yeah.

Now, I need to calm down a little, because this is my first try at cupcake soap. And let me tell you, there are some pretty amazing cupcake soaps out there. And if I have a disaster trying to get the frosting "just right" well... we won't go there. Yet.

Next up...



These lovelies are going to Compost It this weekend. If I can get the ingredient labels printed. the light-colored soaps in the back row are all natural Ylang Ylang. I'm not a fan of the scent, but the soaps turned out great. The small brown bars are all natural oat and honey bars. The large bars just haven't been cut yet. Isn't the coloring interesting in the bars? I added the honey in the large bars a little later than I usually do in the soapmaking process, so they are a lighter color. And I have some Orca soaps going to Compost It as well. Fun!

I'll be sure to post when I get the "frosting" on those beauties. Stay tuned. - H

No comments:

Post a Comment