Thursday, July 30, 2009

Surprisingly productive.

I'm not going to gripe about the weather (right now) but I will say that it has been HOT!

Funny thing about soap and temperature... if you have the temperature wrong... bad things happen.

Have you ever seen a bar of soap sweat before? It ain't pretty. It's natural and all, it's just not aesthetically pleasing to most people. So making soap (and other things that melt really easily) was out of the question for part of this week.

Today, I put together some baby shower favor soaps for a friend of mine. I think they turned out pretty well.



Side view. So important.


My neighbors must think I'm so crazy. Always taking pictures of plates in the yard.

On Tuesday, I made up a batch of Oatmeal, Milk and Honey Soap. I cooked this one up this time so that it can be used right away.


Turned out really nice. - H

2 comments:

  1. LOVE them. So excited to give the gifts, but more excited to keep my peppermint and oatmeal soaps to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! That makes me so happy! I wish I would have taken a picture of the giraffes once they developed their "raccoon eyes." LOL

    ReplyDelete